Carrot, Courgette & Beetroot Salad
· 2 medium carrots
· 1 medium courgette
· 1 bulb of raw beetroot
· 3 tbsps sesame oil
· 50g pine nuts
· Optional: Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Ideally spiralize, the carrots, courgette and beetroot. If you don’t have one, finely chop or grate them.
2. Toast the pine nuts by placing them in a flat-based frying pan so all the pine nuts are on one layer. Place on a medium heat hob and keep moving the pine nuts around in the pan so that they brown but do not burn. Once toasted, remove them from the frying pan and place on a plate so they do not continue to cook.
3. Toss all the veggies with the sesame oil and most of the pine nuts, leaving a few to sprinkle on the top.
4. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.